The 2018 Emerging Artist Solo Competition
Congratulations to Hailey Kang, winner of the 2018 Emerging Artist Solo Competition! Join us for the Triumph of the Season concert on December 16, where she will play the Dvořák Concerto for Cello and Orchestra with the Oregon Pro Arte Chamber Orchestra.
- To provide an exciting professional music opportunity for a young emerging artist to perform with the Oregon Pro Arte Chamber Orchestra.
- This competition is open to all instrumentalists and vocalists between the ages of 16 and 27.
- Enrollment in a school program is not required.
- Full works/complete concertos are required. Works with 1 or more soloists, vocal works with orchestra accompaniment, and opera arias/ensembles are also permitted.
- Please note that if a work involves multiple soloists, the prize will be divided among the performers.
- The performer must submit/audition on the work they intend to perform on the concert. Changes to repertoire after the submission is made is not permitted.
- Orchestration Consideration — because OPACO is a chamber orchestra, there are some works that are beyond the scope of our instrumentation. If you wish to submit a Late/Post Romantic or 20th Century work, please contact Artistic Director, Jeff Specht to discuss your work prior to submission.
Competition Deadlines and General Schedule
Repertoire and General Questions
- Contact Artistic Director, Dr. Jeff Specht at [email protected].
|2018||Hailey Kang, cello (Dvořák: Cello Concerto)|
|2017||Renee Zhang, violin (Bruch: Scottish Fantasy)|
|2016||Sam Rhoton, bassoon (von Weber: Bassoon Concerto)|