The 2017 John “Jack” Kenneth Cole Composition Prize
John “Jack” Cole
2017 Winner, Ilian Lundberg
Congratulations to Ilian Lundberg
, winner of the 2017 John “Jack” Kenneth Cole Composition Prize! His work, Fantasy for Orchestra
, was premiered at the May 20 Symphonic Voices concert.
- Will receive a premiere of his or her work by the Oregon Pro Arte Chamber Orchestra.
- Will receive a $500 Prize and Commemorative Plaque.
- Works must be no more than 12 minutes in duration.
- Composers must be 25 years old or younger in 2017.
- Works must be written for chamber orchestra instrumentation or a variation of it:
- A medium sized string section, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, up to 4 horns, 2 trumpets, 3 trombones, tuba, and standard percussion.
- Instrumentation is limited to the list above, but could include different combinations:
- i.e.—a work for winds, a work for strings, select instrument combos, or standard classical orchestration.
Submissions MUST include:
- A PDF of the full score.
- A PDF set of parts.
- A MIDI or live recording of the work.
- A cover letter with your contact information and a brief description or conceptualization of the work.
- Any submissions (scores and parts) not in PDF format, incomplete submissions, and submissions that do not meet the instrumentation requirements above will be disqualified.
Fill out the online submission form. Application closed
Complete submissions must be received by March 1, 2017.
Contact Artistic Director Dr. Jeff Specht at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|2017||Ilian Lundberg: Fantasy for Orchestra|
|2016||James Elias Pick: The Tube|
|2013||No winner selected|
|2011||No winner selected|
|2009||Andrew Poole Todd|
|2008||Scott J. Ordway|