The 2016 Emerging Artist Solo Competition
Congratulations to Renee Zhang, winner of the 2017 Emerging Artist Solo Competition! Join us for the Symphonic Voices concert on May 20, where she will play the Bruch Scottish Fantasy with the Oregon Pro Arte Chamber Orchestra.
- To provide an exciting professional music opportunity for a young emerging artist to perform with the Oregon Pro Arte Chamber Orchestra.
- This competition is open to all instrumentalists and vocalists between the ages of 16 and 27.
- Enrollment in a school program is not required.
- Full works/complete concertos are required. Works with 1 or more soloists, vocal works with orchestra accompaniment, and opera arias/ensembles are also permitted.
- Please note that if a work involves multiple soloists, the prize will be divided among the performers.
- The performer must submit/audition on the work they intend to perform on the concert. Changes to repertoire after the submission is made is not permitted.
- Orchestration Consideration — because OPACO is a chamber orchestra, there are some works that are beyond the scope of our instrumentation. If you wish to submit a Late/Post Romantic or 20th Century work, please contact Artistic Director, Jeff Specht to discuss your work prior to submission.
Competition Deadlines and General Schedule
Repertoire and General Questions
- Contact Artistic Director, Dr. Jeff Specht at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|2017||Renee Zhang, violin|
|2016||Sam Rhoton, bassoon|